Sunday, September 11, 2011

Lilly's Surprise Birthday Party!

Lilly normally has a HUGE say in how, when, where, and with what theme her Birthday Parties entail.  This year, I surprised her!  We kept making "plans" for a party that I told her would somehow work itself out.  All along I was planning her Surprise / Slumber Party.  I almost felt guilty sneaking around behind her back...  But it all worked out perfectly.  She played at her bestie's house while I got everything in order.  Decorations - check, cake (exactly what Lilly described to me) - check, snacks & sparkling apple cider - check, guests - check...  When everything was in place I told her bestie's mom to send the girls over!  Armed with a small amount of confetti, we waited.  The girls just had to cross the field to get home, so it wasn't a long wait.  And then the door opened and, SURPRISE!  Lilly didn't know what hit her!  She said, "is this my Birthday Party!"  Later, she admitted that she was more scared than surprised!   I plan to deliver cupcakes to her class on her actual birthday this Tuesday.   
Happy 9th Birthday to my sweet girl!





1 comment:

Erin said...

How fun! Did you make the cake? It is so cute!