In August the kids and I had the opportunity to go to Dallas, Tx for a visit with my Dad before the kids started school. From Dallas we drove to Roff, Oklahoma to re-visit some places I had been many Summers as a kid. We first went to my great-grandparents farm in Roff. A place that once seemed so big, with wide open spaces all around, really isn't big at all! It's the tiniest little farmhouse in the middle of nowhere! It was so amazing to be able to take my kiddos there!
We had a great time collecting GIANT Oklahoma bugs at the cabin we stayed in. We went to a breathtaking place called Turner Falls, where my Dad had gone as a child. I have never seen such a pretty river! We also went to Little Niagra, where Lilly jumped off the same little water fall I had jumped of 20 years earlier. Quite a wonderful trip, one I will NEVER forget!


No comments:
Post a Comment