There is the cutest little town nestled in the forested mountains of Idaho called Wallace. Every time I drive to Washington, I pass through and think "I want to go there someday". And today we did! My best "Montana friend", Tara, the kids and I took a day trip! There was a Huckleberry Festival and the town's 1910 Fire Celebration. We got there just in time to catch the parade which was led by kilt clad, bagpipe playing fire fighters! Awesome! We then walked through part of town to get tickets for the Silver Mine Tour. It was pretty cool. We looked great in our hard hats! We grabbed lunch at a local brewery, then just walked around town. It was a great day! I'm glad I got to go somewhere on my bucket list!
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Day Trip to Wallace Idaho
There is the cutest little town nestled in the forested mountains of Idaho called Wallace. Every time I drive to Washington, I pass through and think "I want to go there someday". And today we did! My best "Montana friend", Tara, the kids and I took a day trip! There was a Huckleberry Festival and the town's 1910 Fire Celebration. We got there just in time to catch the parade which was led by kilt clad, bagpipe playing fire fighters! Awesome! We then walked through part of town to get tickets for the Silver Mine Tour. It was pretty cool. We looked great in our hard hats! We grabbed lunch at a local brewery, then just walked around town. It was a great day! I'm glad I got to go somewhere on my bucket list!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment